A foundation of faith for life
Elim Preschool was founded in 1961 by Elim Church in the heart of Minneapolis, MN. Elim Preschool is one of the oldest operating preschools in Minneapolis and has become an integral part of the community. The parents who send their children to our school reflect the growing cultural diversity of the neighborhood. We are pleased to have students whose parents attended our school today.
Elim Preschool is fully accredited by National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Our mission statement:
To provide a high-quality, affordable early childhood program in a faith-based environment for children 3 to 5 years old which will prepare them socially and academically for kindergarten. We further seek to educate and equip parents that they may have the resources and skills to best nurture their children’s growth and development.
To ensure that the faculty of Elim Preschool is constantly striving towards the best for your child, we have established the following goals and objectives for Elim Preschool.
At Elim Preschool, we seek to develop in our students the
1. confidence that God loves them and that they are special and unique.
2. ability to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with peers and teachers while working one-on-one and in group settings.
3. desire to learn more about themselves and the world they live in as they explore new things.
4. aptitude to appropriately handle conflict, problems and their emotions.
5. social and academic readiness for kindergarten and the foundation for future learning.